31 Jan January Empties–aka, Would I Re-Purchase?
Hi ladies! This is my very first empties post!
I have been sitting on a couple of these empty bottles for a while now, and I’ve amassed quite a pile! So I will keep each description pretty short and sweet. As you can see in the picture, there is quite the mix of products: skincare, makeup, hair care, and also high-end and drugstore items.
- Moroccan Oil Light: I cannot LIVE without Moroccan Oil! I use it every single day. It is the #1 reason why my hair is shiny and healthy (and was that way even when I heat-styled it EVERY DAY).
- Simple Skincare Moisturizing Face Wash: I’ve been using this wash for a couple months–great basic cleanser. Doesn’t dry my skin out, and a bargain too.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: My favorite high-end facial cleanser. Totally non-drying, smells lovely but not perfume-y. Lasts for ages. I had this and forgot I’d set it aside to blog about! I also found a back-up this week and squealed with excitement! Bonus in my closet!
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer: This stuff is legit! In my first few months of motherhood, I was able to fake a few more hours sleep by dabbing this under my eyes, and the formulation actually works well on blemishes too. Lasts ALL DAY and comes in tons of shades. It is a fave I mention in my video 5-Minute Face you can check out here.
- Benefit Waterproof Eyeliner, Espresso: Yes, those 2 little nubbins are eyeliners. I love the Benefit pencils, they glide on smoothly and last all day. My only beef is I go through them so quickly! But the pencil is so convenient and looks natural.
- Bumble & bumble Thickening Shampoo: B&b are some of my high-end luxuries, I haven’t splurged on them in awhile. I made this bottle last for eons by alternating drugstore shampoos and using this when I wanted big ‘ole Southern belle hair. Smells divine, and really works to give your hair sexy oomph.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Light: I use this ALL THE TIME in my pro kit, it is great on most skin types (I use the regular version on more mature or really dry skin). I love it for myself as well. A little goes a long way.
- Benefit POREfessional: I use this as a primer when my pores are really driving me nuts. The mattifying aspect tends to wear off if it is super hot or my skin is acting really oily, but I swear, a dab of this on my t-zone and cheeks before my foundation makes me look airbrushed. And if someone sits in my chair when I am doing a wedding and their skin is not the smoothest, this is the first thing I reach for.
So, will I re-purchase any of these?
Yes! To be honest, if I don’t love a product, I usually don’t use it up! I give it away to someone I think it will work better for. That being said, I am always trying new stuff, so just because I will buy these again, doesn’t mean I won’t try others in the meantime. So, while I can’t live without the Moroccan Oil, I might let other primers, concealers, face washes and shampoos go for test drive.
What do you think? Have you used any of these products? Love? Hate?
Tell me what you think about my first empties post!
Stay pretty ladies!