04 Oct Batiste Dry Shampoo
I could list a slew of reasons why you might opt to skip shampooing your hair, so I will!
- You just got it colored and don’t want to strip it
- You overslept
- You have dry hair and like to go easy on the shampoo sometimes
- You’re lazy (just sayin’)
- You like the slept-in sexy look
- Second day hair styles better for you
- You have super long hair and it takes a long time to dry
But….if you skip a shampoo, many times you wind up with greasy roots, even though the rest of your hair looks great right? Well, ladies (and gents) meet one of my favorite products!
With this little can full of fabulous, no matter what your reason for not shampooing in the shower, you can still have amazing hair. I LOVE IT.
I used to have to beg my sisters-in-law to bring me cans from Ireland, but now it is available stateside. I have seen it at ULTA, CVS and Urban Outfitters, and today I even saw a tiny bottle, perfect for stashing in your purse, glove compartment or gym bag! It comes in a variety of fragrances and works better than any other dry shampoo I’ve tried, and I have used Suave, Tresemme, Psssst! and Bumble and bumble. I should also mention it is super affordable, which is always an added bonus, when I absolutely love something that isn’t super expensive! (I’m guilty of having champagne taste on a beer budget–haha!)
It’s super easy to use, too!
- If you are simply opting to skip traditional shampoo but need to eradicate greasy roots, spray your roots, let sit for a few minutes while you brush your teeth or put on mascara, then massage it into your roots and brush through.
- For extra volume, concentrate a few bursts at the roots, then back comb
- For added grip for updos or limp, lifeless hair, spray the roots as detailed, then mist lightly through hair, and brush through
I have a lot of hair, but it’s very fine. I love dry shampoo for giving oomph to my roots, and for those mornings when you have to get out the door without showering, but don’t want to look too sloppy. I have to focus a bit more on the hairline, which is where I tend to look really greasy, but then I can get going and take a shower later. New mommies, college students, busy working girls–say hello to dry shampoo, and say hello to your new best hair buddy!
Have you tried Batiste before? What do you think?
Here’s to a weekend of sexy hair!